- University’s traffic rules are all the measures taken to prevent traffic accidents on campus, to make parking easier, and to ensure smooth traffic flow. The rules are based on Traffic Law Number 2918 and administrative decisions.
- Only drivers with a disabled parking card can use the disabled parking area.
- Motorcycles and bicycles can only be parked in the designated spaces.
- Vehicles entering from the Main Gatehouse must display the visiting vehicle card on the lower left of the front windshield and return card as they leave the campus. Visitors who lose the card shall be required to pay a fee.
- When visitors or drivers of commercial vehicles violate the rules, they shall be warned by the security guard. Depending on the nature of the violation, the vehicle and driver may be removed from the campus and not be allowed to enter again.
- The use of vehicle horns is prohibited inside the campus. Additionally, vehicles are not allowed to form convoys. Vehicle owners cannot drive recklessly or overtake other vehicles.
- Motorcyclists who do not wear helmets cannot ride on campus roads.
- The vehicles of drivers without a driver’s license shall be removed from campus.
- The vehicles of drivers driving without a license plate shall not be allowed on campus.
- The vehicles of drivers driving under the influence of alcohol are not allowed on campus.
- The speed limit inside the campus is 40 km/h.
- Overtaking is prohibited inside the campus.
- Do not park in areas designated as no parking.
- Traffic violations inside campus are monitored through cameras.
- Penalty points shall be given to students who violate the traffic rules established on campus. Each student has a 100 penalty point limit. Students who exceed the limit of 100 penalty points shall have their HGS entrance authorization canceled and shall not be granted access to campus for 1 month. In case of the violation of traffic rules, Security shall record the penalty. Security shall keep the original document, and a copy shall be provided to the individual who has received the penalty, or an e-mail notification shall be sent.
- If objecting to the traffic penalty, drivers must apply to Security within 7 days. If drivers are dissatisfied with the answer, they can apply to the General Secretariat.
- After 1 month upon their request, students can reactivate the HGS sticker by paying triple the HGS authorization fee for the period. (Students who exceed 100 penalty points again, shall not be allowed to enter the campus with a vehicle for 1 year)
- The past penalties of those who get the HGS sticker by paying a penalty fee (3 times the current semester fee) shall be deleted.
- The objection period for the traffic penalty points is 7 days after the recording of the infraction. Objections made after this shall not be taken into consideration.
- The University shall not be responsible for incidents of theft and damage to the vehicles that may occur in the parking lots.
- The student parking capacity within the university is 709. The table showing the campus parking areas has been provided in Addendum-A.
Addendum-A : Parking Areas
Addendum-B : Traffic Violations and Penalty Points