Units Affiliated with the Security, Fire and Emergency Management;
- Provides uninterrupted security service on a 24/7 basis utilizing technological means to ensure the safety of life and property on the Koç University campus so that educational activities can continue without interruption.
- Is responsible for the inspection and provision of active and passive fire prevention measures and arrangements utilizing equipment and technological facilities at its disposal, for assisting in saving lives and removal of debris, conducting radioactive decontamination (through washing), and containing and extinguishing fires that may occur inside its area of responsibility.
- Carries out training, supervision, exercises, and coordination activities to be prepared for emergencies and disasters.
Issues that shall be considered for ensuring uninterrupted campus operation have been listed below:
a) Entering and exiting the campus, and student ID cards:
- Students entering the campus with their vehicle on weekdays and any individuals accompanying them shall be subject to ID card and HGS tags checks at the main entrance checkpoints. Vehicles without HGS tags or students who are banned from campus shall not be admitted.
- Guests shall be admitted once their identification information is recorded.
- ID cards are issued to specific individuals and cannot be shared with others. Proceedings shall be initiated in accordance with YÖK disciplinary regulations against students if it is established that they shared their ID cards with others.
- In cases where a student provides false information about their identity, proceedings shall be initiated in accordance with the YÖK disciplinary regulation.
- Due to pandemic related precautions, students shall be required to provide their HES codes, and their body temperature shall be measured.
b) Entering dormitory buildings:
- Dormitory buildings can be accessed by using card operated turnstiles.
- Visitors and guests can enter and exit the campus between 07:00 and 23:00.
- The host must communicate visitor information to the main entrance gate.
- Visitors should not be invited to the campus outside of designated times.
- Visitors cannot enter the campus with their vehicles—This excludes families.
- Due to pandemic related precautions, visitors shall be required to provide their HES codes, and their body temperature shall be measured.
d) Food deliveries to the campus:
- Students can get food or water deliveries to the Main Campus and West Campus from outside companies on a 24/7 basis.
- Students must call the main entrance and communicate information on the food or water company that is to enter the campus.
- Employees of companies delivering food or water are prohibited from entering dormitory buildings.
- Students shall collect their food or water deliveries from the dormitory building entrances.
- Food or water companies shall be prohibited from entering the campus for a period of 1 month if it is established that their employees have entered the dormitory buildings.
e) Lost and Found:
- In order to prevent theft, do not leave your valuables such as bags, wallets, cell phones, laptops, etc. unattended.
- If your belongings are lost, inform the nearest security guard.
- If an item is found, deliver it to the Lost and Found Office of the Security Unit.
- Items shall be accepted by the Lost and Found Office through a written report and shall be released only to their owner through a written report.
- If there is a camera that monitors the area where an object was lost, the owner must apply in writing to the Security, Fire and Emergency Management for reviewing camera records.
Telephone numbers for Security, Fire Brigade, and Emergency Management
|Director of Security, Fire Brigade, and Emergency
||(0212) 338 3637 – 1015
||(0212) 338 3639
|Rumelifeneri Campus Main Gatehouse Security
||(0212) 338 3535 – 3636
|Security and Lost and Found Office
||(0212) 338 3638
|West Campus Security
||(0212) 338 70 07 – 7007 – 7008
||(0212) 338 36 40 – 3333
||(0212) 338 11 22
|İstinye Campus Security Office
||(0212) 229 87 86 / 1055
|Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations
||(0212) 393 60 00 / 123
|AKMED Security Office
||(0242) 243 42 74